Corsair Community

Can't tell if my asus mb can take 2 pairs of corsair, help!

PHJacko

OK, I have asus p4p800 motherboard and i bought [ TWINX512-3200C2PT XMS3200 512MB 2-3-3-6 2x184 DIMM Platinum ] (a pair of 256). In my user's guide booklet that came with the mb, there's a chart showing tested memory with that board. It only shows the corsair 3500c2 and it says that it doesn't support 2 pairs of this 3500c2. I have a pair of 256 3200c2 and i want to add an other pair, so i can have 1g of memory. How do i know if the motherboard will take 2 pairs of my memory. Do I have to see these and buy 2 bars of 512? pen4 2.8 asus p4p800 ati 9800 pro

• Corsair Employees
With four modules, you can try it do not get me wrong there are several that have had not problems. However, some things you need to consider with four modules you would need to add 48 Watts extra to the power needed. In other words, I would venture to guess that many who have had problems might be because of lack of power as one possible cause. And there is more loading with more modules so the chipset will have less margin, therefore the system will not over clock as well as it would with just 2 modules. However, I would suggest if you just really want to try this, you leave the timings set to By SPD and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. If you have problems, I would test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] to make sure one is not weak. However, I would not suggest more than one Twinx set with any MB. Moreover, we will only guarantee one set at the rated speed because oft he reason listed above.

Archived