Corsair Community

CORSAIR not on ASUS compatibility list.

Yul

Hi I am planning to set up system on ASUS P4C 800 de Luxe. Surprizingly no CORSAIR modules on ASUS compatibility list. Am I taking too much risk to do so? I saw Corsair compatibility list, but would be more convincing if ASUS would have it too.

• Corsair Employees
Also I would suggest that you look in [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8048]XMS Qualification and Testing[/URL] we use this MB to validate several of our modules. But it has never been our intent to make a module that was just compatible. We test every XMS Module we make on a MB at the rated speed so we know they will with most if not all of the MB's on the market!

Thanks for replay. I am just wondering if Corsair could do it much more simple and send some modules over to ASUS for testing. ASUS is the largest mobo manufacturer so you should have interest for the matter. Other modul manufacturers do so. By the way Corsair found the way to MSI and let them test the modules, ASUS is just round the corner. And there is the other thing : If I install the Corsair modules on my ASUS board and something goes wrong. The first thing they will say "you got memory which is not in our DDR Qualified Vendor List". We are speaking of 300$ just blown away.

• Corsair Employees
Actually we do, but we would not normally send an over clocked module to some one that would validate it like it was a JEDEC compliant module and that is the validation style they would use. In other words, we do make JEDEC compliant modules but that is not our primary focus and normally we would not promote a standard module. If so, we would be just like everyone else and why buy our modules over any other maker? Secondly, the validation process that we go through is more thorough than most of the MB makers, and what we would consider more prevalent, as we test our modules at their rated spec not at a given MB’s spec.

I really believe that Corsair validation process is far more advanced then mobo manufacturers. Anyway for end user the deciding factor is if the particullar mobo is tested with particullar DDR modul, nothing more or less.

• Corsair Employees
I do respect your opinion, and I will forward your requests to our product managers. However, honestly our modules are not for every one. Therefore, I understand if you wish to get what’s listed by your MB maker.

Archived