Corsair Community

RMA Request for TwinX 2GB kit CMX1024-3200C2

waldo22

I have been running a TwinX 2GB kit CMX1024-3200C2 for almost 2 years now.

I run an Opteron in an Asus A8N-VM board.

So, I get back from vacation in July only to be greeted by a BSOD.

System will POST, but can't load Windows. Won't load a CD-Based Linux distro either. Both just hang halfway through boot-up.

I replaced the RAM with 2 sticks of "Value Select" I have lying around, and everything works just fine. (after replacing just about everything else :( )

Sounds like bad RAM to me.

How about an RMA :)

-Wes

• Corsair Employees

The XMS modules would not be recommended for your motherboard and we could not guarantee that they would be stable because you are unable to adjust the memory voltage in the BIOS. It is definitely possible that XMS parts would work at the default voltage however, we can only guarantee that these modules would function properly at 2.75v.

If you would like to get them replaced, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or “Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

It is definitely possible that XMS parts would work at the default voltage however, we can only guarantee that these modules would function properly at 2.75v.

I guess I don't get it. I thought default voltage for DDR RAM is 2.5 Volts.

I don't mess with the frequency of my memory, and obviously I'm not an overclocker, or I would have bought a board with adjustable mem voltage.

Is the entire XMS line set from the factory to work at 2.75V ?

I was just trying to buy the better, more stable RAM, and run it at stock settings, which I thought were 200MHZ FSB, 2.5V, CL2.

What should I be doing, using Value Select RAM?

Lemme know,

Thanks,

Wes

Archived