Corsair Community

VX450W with Sapphire x1950 Pro

fatrabbit

I've got a Corsair VX450W and a Sapphire x1950 Pro 512Mb PCI-e - is the 450 enough? On the Sapphire forums some people recommend against getting Corsair (as well as Antec and a few others), but is this BS?

I did a lot of research before buying anything, and the unit got very positive reviews, with many saying it could easily cope with pretty much any system setup with one graphics card. Some reviews and articles relating to the subject suggest that many PSUs are overkill, and even a highly loaded setup is never going to get anywhere near the maximum wattage on most PSUs.

The reason is, i'm getting video stutters in Team Fortress 2, whereby the video shakes from side to side quickly for a couple seconds before returning to normal, and happens every minute or so. I did DriverCleaner and the game worked flawlessly on Sunday for hours. But after a restart the problem resurfaced. Of course it could be because TF2 is still in late Beta stage, but also happens in Counter-Strike:Source which is not Beta. It could be Steam/Valve specific, and am about to test on Battlefield 2 once the patch downloads.

• Corsair Employees
The VX450 should have no problem powering your system. If you belive there may not be enough power provided to the video card you could try disconnecting all but the core components (test with 1 memory module, CPU, video card, 1 hard drive) and see if you are still having the same issues. If the issues remain, then it is most likely not due to insufficient power. If the issues go away, I would test the memory one at a time with memtest. How did the BF2 testing turn out?

Archived