Corsair Community

P5N32-E SLI Plus XMS PC2-8500 C5 HELP!

vovan486

hi, I got P5N32-E SLI MB, Nvidia 8800 GTS, 2x1gb ddr2 1066mhz pc2-8500 c5 XMS Dominator memory. the problem is that the machine isn't stable, keeps chrashing every 40 min or so. Do I need to adjust any settings?

I also have G.Skill memory (2x1gb), Would that interfere in any way with Corsair one?

OS I'm running is Windows vista 32- bit Home Premium.

Are you populating all four DRAM banks? It is never a good idea to mix and match DRAM and populating all four banks can bring about issues as well. Windows 32bit does not address 4GB and will not allow you to see all 4GB at any rate. It's far easier just to remove the 2GB extra and run with 2GB on a 32Bit OS.

Are you populating all four DRAM banks? It is never a good idea to mix and match DRAM and populating all four banks can bring about issues as well. Windows 32bit does not address 4GB and will not allow you to see all 4GB at any rate. It's far easier just to remove the 2GB extra and run with 2GB on a 32Bit OS.

The 32bit OS's will address up to 4gb of memory, just not over. However do to other devices in your system taking up memory addresses, you will typically only be able to utilize 3 to 3.5 gigs

The 32bit OS's will address up to 4gb of memory, just not over. However do to other devices in your system taking up memory addresses, you will typically only be able to utilize 3 to 3.5 gi********

I should be more clear. I am speaking to the actual program addressing use. A 32bit OS's will not assign 4GB of memory for addressing to program use. The normal Win32 processes of WinXP and subsidiary programs in 32bit mode can only utilize 2G of address space, out of the 4G available. This is completely independent of physical RAM - this is how much virtual address space each process gets. There is only ~3GB available to the OS for program addressing and it's own Kernel use. The remaining 1G is left to the OS for its needs, drivers, etc.

Archived