Corsair Community

ASUS P5K-E....Dominator Problem....[For Expert]

paolonehammer

I have a problem with Dominator rams......

My configuration is:

ASUS P5K-E Wi-Fi/AP

Intel CORE DUO 6750

4x 1024 DDr2 XMS2 1066 PC2-8500 CAS5 Dominator

If I install 4x the 1024, my system he does not carry out the boot.(don't start)

If I install 3x the 1024,my system it leave but he is not fast to 100%.

With 2x the 1024 system he is stable.

I must make one manual configuration in order to install 4x dominator on this motherboard?

the system only with 2x 1024 is very fast and really all ok.

now 2x1024 I hold to them taken apart....

Help mee!!!:biggrin::confused::confused::confused:

ps: the bios release is updated!!!!!!I have latest version!!!!

Are you using a 32-bit version of XP or Vista? If so, then refer to page 2-14 of the P5K-E manual regarding memory limitations. I'm not an expert, but I remember reading about that limitation. Hope this helps.

my problem is not reguard S.O.

The problem reguard the bios system.

My pc don't start with 4 slot full,

anyway my system is win xp 32 bit. obviously my s.o. don't detect 4gb!;):

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.2 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived