Corsair Community

Turboflash Boot Problem

simpleuser

I've just got a 1G Turboflash and it is picked up ok by the Vista32 OS. Seems to work ok. But either Vista or the Award BIOS is halting bootup after the PCI checks and preventing the Windows load. I can't see any option in BIOS to fix this - it tells me to remove the drive and try again. After booting I can reinset the turboflash again and it runs ok, but it's a pain and means I can't leave it in a rear stot.

Anyone got the same problem - and knows a fix is a star!

No star, but I seem to have fixed the problem. I did have the boot order Removable-DVD-HD with other devices disabled, and Floppy as the chosen Removable. That seemed ok to me but wouldnt boot with the Readyboost in. Swapping the boot order to HD 1st and Removable last seems to fix it - Just hope I dont need to reload BIOS!

BTW - Ive set the Readyboost for speed (caching) in device manager. Even with 4G of RAM and a quadprocessor there is an ovious step up in speed for heavy lifting stuff like multiple RAW image processing in Photoshop (the RAW converter uses the 4 cores very efficiently)

Thanks - but I already checked; there are removable choices of USB/Floppy and I did choose floppy in BIOS setup. On another issue I contacted ECS (MB maker) and they didnt bother to reply so am saving my energy on this. For safety I like to have floppy first in boot order but hopefully it wont be an issue.

Perhaps the fix might help other ECS MB users who want to use readyboost.

Archived