Corsair Community

Cm2x1024-6400 Irql_not_less_or_equal

darkfire6247

Hi, So i have been running my computer fine for 6 months now, and i've just started to get a BSOD that states "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." I have taking out all of my pci devices and still got the error. I have manually set the timings to stop being controlled by SPD and set them to 5-5-5-12, which is what is printed on their label, with 1.9vdimms and 1.95vdimms. I still keep getting the error. UNTIL, I pulled one ram module out and now i haven't gotten it for a day now. I believe the one stick i pulled out is bad. I dont have access to a burner program today so i cant run memtest yet. Maybe tomorrow. I will also try the other stick i took out alone. If i get the error i know it is bad.

• Corsair Employees
If you determine the module to be faulty, then let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or “Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

Yup, bad stick of ram! So I found time today to try my computer with only the other stick of ram in it. I switched them out and sure enough, I got a blue screen in less than 5 minutes after turning the computer back on. I was able to run the computer 2 days straight with no errors with the other module. So I will follow your link for bad ram.

BTW can I just rma the one bad stick and keep the good one in my comp? Even though I bought them in a pair. That way I can keep an access to my computer while the rma is in process.

BTW can I just rma the one bad stick and keep the good one in my comp? Even though I bought them in a pair. That way I can keep an access to my computer while the rma is in process.

If this is a kit, then both modules must be sent back as a kit must be sent back to you. Modules change and even when the specs may be the same, the chips may not and there can be stability problems. You can (I believe) request a method that allows you to give your credit card information and then you will be sent the modules first. After you receive the modules, you then send your modules back. RAMGUY can explain this better than I though.

Yeah I just looked at my invoice from zipzoomfly and it shows I have the TWIN2X2048-6400 product number...the thread title was what was printed on the modules. Sorry. That "cross-shipping" thing interests me very much. I would gladly offer to do that, because my computer is needed to be operable for schoolwork. I'll wait for another RAMGUY post, and see what he says I should do before I submit my RMA request.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here at the Corsair forum, so first of all, Hi :)

A IRQL BSOD doesn't necessarily mean a bad RAM block.

My friend just got thru with the same problem. He ran into exactly same problems as you. But we found the solution after a few days of trying.

The problem is, that sometimes if you have installed over 2GB of RAM's on a Windows Vista system, it doesnt recognize or allocate it properly

1. You need to pull out so you have MAX. 2GB of RAM in the machine.

2. Download this patch for Windows Vista 64bit:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/e/a/deab1d01-31d8-4237-b416-d9bfa340a567/Windows6.0-KB929777-v2-x64.msu

3. And then you are ready to re-insert more RAM into the machine.

I really hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Kim Jacobsen

Denmark :)

Archived