Corsair Community

TWIN2X1024-5400C4 on Asus Striker Extreme

derchris

Hello all,

I have a problem with my PC.

My Setup is a Asus Striker Extreme, Intel Pentium D-830 3 GHz and TWIN2X1024-5400C4 (2x), so a total of 2 GB.

Since the beginning I had problems with the system.

Sometimes it just crashes, then it won't boot at all.

Sometimes it works for months without reboot, then you have to reboot every 4 hrs.

Settings in BIOS are set that CPU/Memory is working in "Linked" Mode, Memory@400 MHz. Otherwise the system is just unstable.

However, this doesn't seem to solve the problem.

I get errors even with this setup (System just hangs)

The problem now is, that after another system panic, I got to the BIOS and tried to go with the BIOS defaults to see, maybe I tweaked some settings which would stop the system from working.

But now, the system is just crashing EVERY reboot. I'm not able to get to BIOS. Sometimes I see the the Post Screen where it says "Press DEL for BIOS", then I'm not able to press DEL because the System already hangs.

So I try a reset, but the system won't come up again.

Power for 4 sec. , Power on again. Sometime it is coming up again, sometimes I have to try it more then 10 times to even see the Post screen.

But then again, It want go to BIOS.

One time, I was so close, I got to the BIOS, but then the System hangs inside the BIOS, so I was not able to get back the "Linked" config for the memory.

And just to answer any questions, I have tried it with every Memory module as Single, just one stick. Tried it with different dual channel configs, always the same results.

Asus has a QVL list of approved Memory modules, and my is not listed.

But the Corsair Memory Configurator said it should work with my Motherboard.

Anyway, I'm sick of all this Memory testing.

I need a Memory module which is working together with my Motherboard.

Looking at the QVL, there is only one 800 MHz from Corsair, the CM2X1024-6400C4.

Is this also a Twin XMS2, so 2x512 ?

I would like to go for a 2x1 GB setup, but I don't see anything on the Asus QVL.

Any help is much appreciated

Regards,

Christian

• Corsair Employees
My Setup is a Asus Striker Extreme, Intel Pentium D-830 3 GHz and TWIN2X1024-5400C4 (2x), so a total of 2 GB.

That would mean you have a Twin2x2048-5400C4 2 1.0 Gig modules Correct?

And with the CPU you have listed you would need to set the memory Frequency at 266 MHz DDR5333 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and then test them one at a time wih http://www.memtest.org. If that passes them you can try and over clock the CPU if you like to get more performance.

Archived