Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator PC8500C5D, One module broken

winblow

Dear Ram Guy,

One of my corsair dominator module is broken. Currently my computer is running in a single channel mode. When I tried dual channel mode: Dimm 1 and Dimm 3, the computer doesn't want to boot up (but it turns on), when I take off the defective memory, the computer start to boot and load windows with no problem.

So to make sure I have a defective memory, I try to put both memory in dimm 2 and dimm4 but still it doesn't want to boot up. Further more after I isolate the defective memory, I try to put the defective memory in single channel mode, however it still doesn't work.

Last resource: i repeat all the step that I did on the other system with different mobo, and the result still the same.

I couldn't have it running for memtest because the computer won't even boot up until floopy selection.

Please give me more suggestions that I should give it a try to make sure that this memory module is defective? Thank you for your attention and kind assistant

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.2 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Dear Ram Guy,

I did update to the lates BIOS for my asus mobo (Commando BIOS 1501). I tried to set the correct timing voltage and also manually set the memory timming and voltage. Unfortunetly only one module that does work, the other module works like a camp. Therefore I will go ahead to call the customer service to get my RMA no. Thank you so much for all your help

Archived