Corsair Community

QUAD2X4096-6400C5DHX and Quad Channel

Darmspoeling

With Crysis around the corner, I'm deciding to switch my OS to Vista Ultimate 64 bits.

Therefore, I'd like to buy 4 gig of ddr2. I now have 2 gigs of Corsair PC8500C5.

So I have two questions.

Which chips are used on the Corsair QUAD2X4096-6400C5DHX kit?

I'd like to know this because I want to know how well this kit will overclock.

It looks promising, considering it runs at 1,8 volt ddr2 800 5-5-5-18 and the DHX heatspreaders.

Aftermarket cooling is not an option for me, considering all four slots will be filled.

Therefore, the DHX heatspreaders are very nice.

There are no motherboards that actually support quadchannels, so what is the benefit of using a quadchannel kit on a g33 or p35 board?

Is quadchannel a real example of a marketing trick?

Thanks in advance!

With Crysis around the corner, I'm deciding to switch my OS to Vista Ultimate 64 bits.

Good luck with Crysis on VISTA 64 Bit. I have friends involved in the game manufacture in Vancouver, and they tell me that VISTA 64Bit is problematic.

Is quadchannel a real example of a marketing trick?[/u]

Please link me to any information regarding Corsair memory and Quad Channel. There is movement to a Quad Channel funneling with DDR3 but I would like to see a link regarding statements with Corsair DDR2 products and "Quad Channel".

Good luck with Crysis on VISTA 64 Bit. I have friends involved in the game manufacture in Vancouver, and they tell me that VISTA 64Bit is problematic.

Please link me to any information regarding Corsair memory and Quad Channel. There is movement to a Quad Channel funneling with DDR3 but I would like to see a link regarding statements with Corsair DDR2 products and "Quad Channel".

Thanks for your reply.

In the past time I have learned that quadchannel doesn't give any noticeable effect and that it's really a marketing gimmick.

Anyways, without the mention of Vista 64 bits... I'd like to get a 4gb kit and this one seems very attractive.

So does anyone know which chips are used on this memory and does anyone know if this kit overclocks well?

Thanks in advance!

Archived