Corsair Community

2x TWIN2X2048-8500C5D problem

skadgemaster

I built my system in back in February this year with TWIN2X2048-8500C5D. Just a few days ago i decided to switch up to 4gbs. I ordered another pair of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D and got them today, but when i put them in the MB the OS would not load. I checked BIOS to see if the sticks were detected and they were. So i pulled out the old ones and ran a memtest, and the new sticks passed, then vice versa. I am running a 680i 122-ck-nf68 EVGA board and an E6700 Core Duo, and have not had any problems with it until now. The OS is Vista 64 and the BIOS is current. After the tests i noticed that the old sticks are ver 1.2 and the new ones are ver 1.3 that is the only difference between the pairs. I was wondering if that could somehow be the cause of the problem or if it could be a previously unseen problem with my board. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NEW Info: I have tested to see if the new sticks are SLI enabled in BIOS, they are and so are the old ones. When I mixed them (1 ver1.2 and 1 ver1.3) they are not detected as SLI. I guess I somewhat expected that to be the case, as the pairs are supposedly matched when packaged. However with 2 matched pairs, should that be an issue? If so, what would be the recommended actions to look into?

UGH! More new info: I checked the package model number against the number on the sticks and noticed that the package number has G on the end, the sticks do not. I read something earlier today about G being new chips, but its still version 1.x. I think I am up a creek so to speak, but I would like to know for sure.

Archived