Corsair Community

Only 1 RAM module works, need assistance?

JimRPh

I just put together a new system.

Asus Crosshair Socket AM2 Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU

PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad SLI Power Supply

XFX Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS Video Card

SATA HDDs and Optical Drive

I bought two matched pairs of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 1024MB 6400C4 RAM Modules.

When I first put in the RAM, the CPU Init post message flashes.

I remove the motherboard battery for awhile, then the system will boot with a single RAM module, but no more.

I did update the motherboard bios to the latest version (802).

I also updated the memory voltage to 2.1volts while booted. However, when I added more RAM, the system went back to the CPU Init message.

A guy at eWiz where I bought the motherboard and CPU said there was a known issue with some Corsair memory modules, and that I should check with Corsair. I bought the memory from NewEgg, but am trying to figure out where the problem lies before trying to do any swaps.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance!

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived