Corsair Community

Asus P5B-Deluxe with cm2x1024-6400

ankohler

I am having trouble with my corsair cm2x1024-6400. I use two modules (bought as a set) in dual-channel-mode on the Asus P5B-Deluxe (latest bios).

Memtest seems to run fine for an hour, but Windows XP is unstable (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Crash etc.) and the Mersenne Prime Stresstest shows errors.

I now tried to load setup defaults, set the voltage to 2.1V, disabled USB Legacy and set the Write to Precharge Delay to 15, but the system is still unstable.

If i reduce the speed to ddr2-677 then everything runs perfect, no crashes, all the tests succeed. But when i set it to ddr2-800 it isn't working.

What can i do? Thanks in advance...

Now i tested each module alone, the errors in prime are still there, even if i use a different slot.

Here is my configuration:

Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi Rev. 1.03g

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, 1866 MHz (7 x 267) (First Generation? I bought it, when it just got out)

Corsair CM2X1024-6400 (XMS6405v5.1)

ATI Radeon X1900 GT (256 MB)

Harddisk: WDC WD5000YS-01MPB0 (465 GB, IDE)

DVD LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B

PCI-Card: AVM Fritzcard ISDN-Card

The only setting i changed regarding the ram timing is the Write to Precharge Delay to 15, the rest is set to default settings, which are:

RAS to CAS Delay: 6

RAS to Precharge: 6

RAS Activate to Precharge: 15

Write Recovery Time: 6

TRFC: 42

TRRD: 10

Rank Write to Read Delay: 10

Read to Precharge Delay: 10

Write to Precharge Delay: 15

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and set the tested settings set manually and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.0 Volts! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure!

Use or change only these settings after you load setup defaults.

Cas Latency: 5

RAS to CAS Delay: 5

RAS to Precharge: 5

RAS Activate to Precharge: 15

Write Recovery Time: 5

Write to Precharge Delay: 15

Thats exactly my problem. I tested them with memtest 3.2, everything runs fine for 9 hours. Now when i use xp, the computer crashes after 30min and the prime test shows errors. This doesn't happen, when i change the speed in the bios to 667, then the computer runs for days. Even Windows Vista shows errors, so it shouldnt be a driver error.

Do you have any other thoughts? I tried removing my PCI-Devices, which didn't work...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived