Corsair Community

Abit AN7 and TWINX1024 3200C2

dwj119

I have an ABIT An7 with the Athlon 2500 Barton XP processor. I attempted to upgrade my aging system by replacing my 256 x 2 Kingston Hyper X (512 dual channel) RAM with Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory w/Heat I just purchased. So I pop the RAM in, using the same slots my old RAM was in (DIMMS 1 and 3) power up and get the AF post Error code on the LED, continual long beeping, and a bunch of garbage on the monitor, can't even get into the BIOS. I reset the CMOS and boot up, same results. I pop in the old RAM, same results. What gives, I am very frusturated and don't know what to do. I can't get into the BIOS because just a bunch of garbage comes up on the monitor. PLEASE HELP! I NEED MY PC BACK AND RUNNING! Thank you in advance for your help.

While reading through some previous forum posts I keep finding "remember to set the memory Frequency at 100% or 1-1 so it's in sync with your CPU". I'm not that good when it comes to RAM timings / FSB /CPU ratios and all that good stuff. Could someone please tell me what RAM timings / FSB / CPU ratios timings, and voltages I should run? That would be awsome.:confused:

• Corsair Employees

Please with just our XMS module installed and reset the bios with the Clear CMOS jumper and then enter the bios setup and set the following settings and work your way up from there:

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define/Manual

Memory Frequency: 100%/1-1/3-3

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

Archived