Corsair Community

Striker Extreme & CM2X1024-6400C4 x4 sticks

ziazmere

Help Please I have done RMA 2 times on this board and still same issue after buying another 4 gig of dif Corsair Ram.

Strker Extreme MB, PS- EIN720AWT, e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 (x2) single or SLI setup, Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 X4 sticks (1215895, 1215896, 1215897, 1215898 = #), WD Raptor 130gig, WD sata 500gig.

Mem in A1 and A2 no issue, posts just fine single channel. If mem in A1 and B1 DC , error LCD- CPU INT and post fails with continuous beep. Mem in A1- A2 and B1 I get post but LCD error USB INT and no windows just delete or tab option and neither load. If mem in A1 – A2 – B1 – B2 no post and Continuous beep with LCD – CPU INT error. Does not matter number # in slot I have changed the mem around, all same issues. The Ram is listed on Asus QVL as well as Corsairs website for the Striker Extreme.

I have gone through all Bios upgrades 1004 and up to 1305 and back down to 1004. The Bios chip has been replaced and Board RMAed twice and same issue.

I have tried all BIOS settings as default and current settings are:

AI Tuning: Manual

Nvidia GPU Ex: Disabled

LinkBoost: Disabled

FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked

x FSB - Memory Raio: 10 default

FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1066(means 266FSB)

Actual FSB (QDR),1066mzh

MEM (DDR), Mhz: 800 (means 400mhz speeds)

Actual MEM (DDR), Mhz: 800

Vcore Voltage: Around 1.25v

Memory Voltage: 2.0v----for stock 800mzh this should be enough---

1.2v HT Voltage: 1.35v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

SB Core Voltage: Auto

CPU VTT Voltage: 1.4v

DDRII Controller Ref Voltage: AUTO

DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage: AUTO

DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage: AUTO

tCL (CAS Latency 4

tRCD 4

tRP 4

tRAS 12

Command Per Clock (CMD): 2 clock (2T)

Advance Memory Settings

tRRD: AUTO

tRC: AUTO

tWR: AUTO

tWTR: AUTO

tREF: AUTO

Async Latency: AUTO

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

MCP PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

SATA Spread Spectrum: Disabled

LDT Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Internal Thermal Control: Disabled

Limit CPUID MaxVal: Disabled

Enhanced C1 (C1E): Disabled

Execute Disable Bit: Disabled

Virtualization Technology: Disabled

Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech: Disabled

LDT Frequency: 5x

PCIEX16_1 Frequency (Mhz): 100

PCIEX16_2 Frequency (Mhz): 100

PCIEX16_3 Frequency (Mhz): 100

SPP<->MCP Ref Clock, Mhz: 200

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asus Customer/Tech Support has me jumping through hoops and has no idea what is wrong after 2 RMAs, they just want to keep RMAing the board. PLease help

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Are you running two modules or four? If this only happens with four modules installed I would try and set the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage at 2.1 Volts and SLI ready memory should be Disabled and I would set the NB/MCH Voltage to + .05 Volts as well.

Let me restat:

Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 X4 sticks (1215895, 1215896, 1215897, 1215898)

Mem in A1 and A2 no issue, posts just fine single channel. If mem in A1 and B1 DC , error LCD- CPU INT and post fails with continuous beep. Mem in A1- A2 and B1 I get post but LCD error USB INT and no windows just delete or tab option and neither load. If mem in A1 – A2 – B1 – B2 no post and Continuous beep with LCD – CPU INT error. Does not matter number # in slot I have changed the mem around, all same issues. The Ram is listed on Asus QVL as well as Corsairs website for the Striker Extreme

So " I can only use 2 sticks = 2 gig at this time. slots B1 and B2 ar empty do to issues as stated above.

I have tried memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage at 2.1 Volts. before posting here,and I still have same issue.

SLI ready memory was Disabled, I left that out sorry :)

Have changed NB/MCH Voltage to + .05 Volts as directd and same issue as stated above.

I did change DDRII Controller Ref Volts to 2+10mv

and DDRII channel B Ref Volts to 2+10mv and still have same issue as stated above.(

I feel like pulling an office space on this MB.

• Corsair Employees
That would suggest some problem with the MB and or PSU, I would suggest talking to the MB maker. If you just got the MB back from them there might be some other problem with your system components and I would suggest testing them including them in another system to be sure.

I have tried Diff PSU, Ram and Vid cards, the issue has to be with the board or the 680i chipset. Although it seems strange that 3 motheboards in a row have the same issue. Guess I will try OCZ ram next or just shelf this board and discontinue using Asus:[pouts:

• Corsair Employees
My point is with two modules the system should be no problem at DDR800 at Cas 4-4-4-12 at 2.1 Volts, if as you stated the system will not post with even just two modules its not a memory problem and I would suggest asking if a friend can help you test the components from your system to isolate the problem.

You posted: My point is with two modules the system should be no problem at DDR800 at Cas 4-4-4-12 at 2.1 Volts, if as you stated the system will not post with even just two modules its not a memory problem and I would suggest asking if a friend can help you test the components from your system to isolate the problem.

As I stated: :eek:

Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 X4 sticks (1215895, 1215896, 1215897, 1215898 = #)

Mem in A1 and A2 no issues, it posts just fine single channel. loads windows and anything else I want!!!!!!! and its runing at 800 - 4-4-4-12, If mem in A1 and B1 DC , error LCD- CPU INT and post fails with continuous beep. Mem in A1- A2 and B1 I get post but LCD error USB INT and no windows just delete or tab option and neither load. If mem in A1 – A2 – B1 – B2 no post and Continuous beep with LCD – CPU INT error. Does not matter number # in slot I have changed the mem around, all same issues. The Ram is listed on Asus QVL as well as Corsairs website for the Striker Extreme.

I dont need help testing my other components to isolate the issue with those components, there is nothing wrong with those. They have been tested. The mem (1215895, 1215896, 1215897, 1215898) has been tested with memtest 1 stick at a time in a diff board and there are no issue with the ram as a whole.

But, I think there is an issue with the 680i chipset and the Corsair ram and possibly the BIOS working together.

• Corsair Employees

There is no issue with the 680i chipset as we use the EVGA 680i or Striker Extreme on our production line to test the modules. As well as there are literally thousands of people using this combination with out problems. And again if you cannot get one set to run at DDR800 in D/C there is some problem with the memory controller on the MB or the MB it self and or there is some power problem. However, I have no problem replacing the modules if you just want to try that. But I would encourage you to test your CPU and the memory in another system to help isolate the problem from what you have posted.

If you just want to replace them, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Hello, just did an install for a friend. ALMOST EXACTLY same spec. Asus Striker Extreme, 4GB (4 of the same 1GB modules). Got the same system instability problems, and error messages (bleeps also) that the OP got. I have not tried slowing to 667Mhz, but the only way we could get the system to boot up was by using two modules ONLY. A1 and B1 or A1 and A2.

I'm very interested to know how to solve this so we can use all 4 1GB modules.

Sean.

Duspinna:

You are atleast able to get the Computer to post and load windows in A1 and B1. My striker will only post and load with A1 and A2 :confused: I

I just finished talking with a Manager and a Lead Supvisor at Asus and they are out of stock on these boards due to so many RMAs. This board is a P-O-S, send it back and get another board even if you have to pay the restocking fee.

• 2 months later...

Archived