Corsair Community

Missing MicroSD Adapter

jweinraub

I have the corsair MicroSD memory card for my mobile phone. However I wanted to transfer data from it to my computer using the adapter and well I can't find it! Any way of obtaining a new one?

After looking at the sites redesign, does Corsair even sell/manufacture flash memory cards anymore? I like using them with my cameras.

Thanks!

Thanks. I spoke to the CSR who said that should be no problem, and I was transferred to somebody, so I left a voice mail. I'll see what happens.

Out of curiosity, why have you guys stopped making SD cards? I thought highly of your brand and much rather use them than SanDisk.

Thanks again!

Hi,

I would just like to echo the sentiments of the original poster. As a long time user of Corsair memory for PCs, Corsair was the first brand I looked to for flash memory for my portable devices. I even now use it as a portable storage medium for my high resolution lossless audio downloads that I purchase over the internet.

I am both surprised and disappointed that Corsair has just pulled out of this particular market segment. Perhaps this decision can be revisited in the future. My feeling is that the flash memory market will only get bigger and bigger in the future and that we need quality brands such as Corsair to support it. Flash technology has already well and truly proliferated into the mobile phone and portable media player market and I can only imagine that as such the market will move from strength to strength. I thus cannot help thinking that Corsair may have miscalculated on this particular decision.

I don't mean to say that products by other manufacturers are necessarily of relatively poor quality, but loyal customers like to continue supporting their favourite companies because doing so is usually mutually beneficial.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns and opinions I will pass them on to the correct person. And to be clear I cant say that I do not agree with you. However it is not my decision to make and I know that if we can produce any product and make a profit we will do so. However we have never really been a "me too" type of company and SD technology will soon be replaced with something new as I understand and we will likely be involved.

• Corsair Employees
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns and opinions I will pass them on to the correct person. And to be clear I cant say that I do not agree with you. However it is not my decision to make and I know that if we can produce any product and make a profit we will do so. However we have never really been a "me too" type of company and SD technology will soon be replaced with something new as I understand and we will likely be involved.

Archived