Corsair Community

Asus P5N-E SLI + Corsair XMS2 Twin2X2048-6400G

phoboz

Hi RamGuy,

sorry for my poor english i am from Germany.

I have installed the RAM in DualChannel Mode (the two yellow Banks A1+B1)

and default BIOS settings (all "AUTO" settings,BIOS version 0703). I cant install my WindowsXP, error: NTLDR not found or any copy errors.

When i install only one RAM in the yellow Slot(A1) or one in yellow(A1) and one in black Slot(A2 - single channel mode), it seems to be correct without crashes or errors.

After install the windowsXP in single channel mode, i taste it in dual channel mode (A1+B1 or A2+B2). The System is booting, but it crashes when i start any programms and the System is rebooting. :confused:

What can i do?

In my Asus System Book, Asus recommend the Corsair XMS2 Twin2X2048-6400C4 Modules. I want to change my RAM to these Modules, it is expedient?

my System:

MB: P5N-E SLI BIOS version 0703 (latest version)

RAM: Corsair XMS2 Twin2X2048-6400G (5-5-5-12) 2x1024Mb

CPU: Intel E6850 (CoreDuo 3.00GHz)

GPU: XFX Geforce 8800 GTX 575MHz

Harddisk: Seagate Barracuda ST3320620AS 320GB

DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-112D

Greetings from Germany

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived