Corsair Community

4Gb Flash Voyager - "BOOTMGR is missing" message on boot

mcb

Hi,

I just received my new 4Gb Flash Voyager GT a couple of days ago.

With the GT inserted on bootup, I get a "Bootmgr is missing press CTRL ALT DEL" message. Without the GT inserted the PC boots normally (I also have a Corsair Turboflash 1gb USB stick plugged in for readyboost and have no issues with that as PC boots normally with this inserted).

I've checked the startup sequence in the BIOS and that's set to Floppy, then CD, then Hard Disk so don't think it's that, and anyhow why would the Turboflash allow normal booting? Have also ensured that the GT partition is not set to active. I have an EVGA 680i M/B running Vista Ultimate.

The GT seems to work perfectly other than this issue, which is annoying as I wanted to try to use the GT as virtual memory in Vista, rather than the Hard Drive, which should speed things up.

Any ideas please how to get the PC to boot normally with the GT installed?

Many thanks

• Corsair Employees
That is a setting in your BIOS please check the removable devices in your BIOS and make sure its set to your Floppy. If you do not have a floppy in the system you may have to disable the floppy from the BOOT menu. I would suggest asking the MB maker to help you with their BIOS configuration.

Hi,

Not sure if I'm understanding because as I said, it is set to boot from Floppy, then CD, then HD, but I get the BOOTMGR message, but only with the GT inserted.

When I disable booting (in BIOS) from everything except the HD I still get the error with the GT inserted.

I have an AOpen 2gb usb stick, a Corsair 1gb Turboflash stick and a PNY 1gb Attache stick, and all of these can be left inserted and the system boots fine. It's only when the Voyager GT is inserted that I get the error.

Any thoughts welcome

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

As the drive worked so well other than this issue, I thought I'd experiment further before going to the hassle of sending the stick back.

So just as an update and in case it helps anybody else, I updated my evga 680i BIOS to the current version P31. Still had the same problem. I then changed the stick's assigned drive letter from within Vista, rebooted, and no more problem (when I had done this with the older P30 BIOS my PC still wouldn't boot with the stick inserted).

So for whatever reason updating the BIOS and changing the drive letter made it work from me.

Archived