Corsair Community

ram guy some help plz!

chuckdee

ok i rmaed my dominator memory.(64003cdf) 2X2148) in the mean time i was and am using twin 2X2048-6400c4 G modules. my pc was running fine maybe best since i had it. the otherday my dominator memory modules arrived. my pc will not boot and is giving me the famous striker error(memory defected).

i have tried allthe striker tricks to get it to bootup. i then had to do the same to get the 6400 twin memory to work in it.finally it did. what is going on with this dominator memory? do you know? the lesser weaker memory wil run fine in it.one thing i am thinking is i have installed the bios 1305 final in it. i have a feeling that this bios is no good? your thoughts plz.

specs:X6800 core2 extreme 2.93ghz

striker extreme mobo rev 1.1 bios 1305

9700 led cpu cooler

2-en8800gtx cards in sli latest drivers available

twin 2x2148-6400dc4 g 4-4-4-12 2t 1.9v

windows xp pro 64bit system

x-fi fatality sound card

WD 74gb raptor

plextorpx-7165a dvd

once again i have the new mem: dominator 64003cdf 2X2148 modules

3-4-3-9-12 2t 2.4v

i will tell you sir i have built pc's for 10yrs but this is my first intel one. i have never went thru so much trouble with a 4,000 plus unit in my life..lol itsnot your fault! any bit of moral boost will be well appreciated and info..lol ty

also with weaker modules i can overclock this pc to around 3.7ghz no problem

hi ram guy,

after staying up most of the nite i couldn,t get dominator modules to boot my striker extreme mobo. i flashed the bios down to 1102 and nothing. i tried removing battery putting it in backwards etc,etc. i then installed one module of 6400c4 in the 4th mem slot and on first try the board booted up ty jesus..lol forgive me but im losing my mind. i guess i will request an rma .but what are odds of getting new modules in package that are bad? i have no other pc to run a memtest on so send me your thoughts i know corsair said there was a shortage of these modules.ty

hi ram guy,

after staying up most of the nite i couldn,t get dominator modules to boot my striker extreme mobo. i flashed the bios down to 1102 and nothing. i tried removing battery putting it in backwards etc,etc. i then installed one module of 6400c4 in the 4th mem slot and on first try the board booted up ty jesus..lol forgive me but im losing my mind. i guess i will request an rma .but what are odds of getting new modules in package that are bad? i have no other pc to run a memtest on so send me your thoughts i know corsair said there was a shortage of these modules.ty

one thing i want to say is when i first purchased the modules and motherboard around the end of last year, it came with i beleive it was 0302 bios. i installed my memory and started up mobo and it posted ok. everything was working well with all sets in striker set to auto. this lasted for about a month. then it started falling apart on me.so something was right from the door something has changed and i never tried to overclock it. now you must set to manual and all other stuff. what happened?

Archived