Corsair Community

RMA Request for TWIN2X1024-6400C4

the_pharaoh

This kit seems to be unable to run stock timings anymore after working perfectly for about a year. I have tested all other system components but when I use timings of 4-4-4-12 I get BSODs and random hangs. I have set the correct voltage and timings all in the BIOS. I am aware of the "issue" with AM2 memory dividers slowing down the memory so I also tested with my CPU at 2.8GHz (216 HTT) to make sure the memory was running at a full 800MHz. I did submit an online RMA form regarding this as well but nothing yet on that end.

Sounds good, I sent the related info along to them so I should be on my way. Also I was wondering if they could be replaced with something else similar or better...I have read a ton of posts on retailers and hardware forums of these sticks dying and I would prefer not to worry about this in the future. Is this a possibility? Thanks.

All is well. Received my replacement kit of 2x1GB PC6400C Dominators. The rep I spoke to was kind enough to send me the Rev 1.3 with Micron D9 IC and I am thoroughly pleased with stability and performance after 12 hours of hardcore testing. Go Corsair, what a fun day of tweaking and testing. You guys have fully satisfied me :)

Archived