Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-6400C4D

Xero Cool

Ok, so I have recently built a new PC from scratch, but I have run into some issues. With everything installed correctly and plugged into my case, the system would power on but would not post or boot at all. I have two 1 GB sticks of Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-6400C4D. So, I had one of my friends bring over a stick of his older corsair ram (required about 1.9V). I took both of my sticks out of the MB and placed just one of his in the MB slot and voila.. a BIOS screen.

I entered the BIOS and set the default settings from 1.9 V to 2.1V (required by my ram) and changed the clocks to 4-4-4-12 (also required by my ram). After doing so I shut down and removed his ram and then put in just ONE stick of my ram into the same slot. I booted up and finally, the BIOS screen appeared with my ram! Yay! Ok, so I shut down remove the one stick of my ram and put the other stick of my ram in and proceed to do the same thing. No post, not BIOS. Essentially I would think that this means I have a bad stick, but the RMA request came back with a response that I should run tests on the stick to see if it fails, but I can't even get my system to boot with the bad stick or even both sticks in...

This brings up the question, is one of my sticks dead, and can I get an RMA to send just one back and have it replaced? Also, why on EARTH do I have to have access to a 1.9V ram in order to get my system to post and work for my 2.1V ram??? What a pain! Any help would be much appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz

MB: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i

RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4D

Thanks.

Thank you for the quick turn around on the RMA. I was wondering if I must send back both sticks of RAM or if I should keep the working stick and only send back the defective one?? As soon as I get a response I'll have the package shipped asap!

Thanks again.

Archived