Corsair Community

P4PE Problem with 2 x CMX512-3200C2

Iron Man

I have been using a P4PE mobo for & year with a CMX512-3200C2 module, with a P4 2.0A FSB 100, no problem at 2-2-2-5, turbo enabled, refresh 15.8µs etc. This module is Rev. 1.1. I added another module, same reference and brand, but Rev 1.2. Now, the computer hangs except if I set mem timings "by SPD" and switch off turbo mode. Timings are now 2-3-3-6 at 266 Mhz. I would expect such memory modules to work better at thoses settings. I'm highly disappointed :(: . The P4PE manual says it's ok with 2 double sided modules. So, I'm at a loss here. What's the problem? Memtest hangs above 60% and I get errors at about 920 Mbytes... If the RAMGUY or anyone else has a suggestion... it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your help! Alan

The P4PE does not seem to like 2 modules with RAM set to TURBO on... I just set the default again and, lo, it passes the 60-65% barrier in Memtest... I also set the voltage to 2.60v and swapped the modules on the motherboard. I'll keep testing and keep the thread posted... Maybe I'll be able to set the mem back to 2-2-2-5 at 266 Mhz after all... Alan

I've never had any luck running the 2 X 512mb PC3200C2 in my P4PE system at less than 2,3,3,6 timings. I'd also suggest that you leave the turbo off as it can interfere with the manual timings you set and cause the instability you have seen. As you add sticks of RAM, you add latency into the system so you may not have any choice but to run higher latencies than you were before. But, raising the RAM voltage to 2.7v is safe and may help some. Good luck, Mike.

Archived