Corsair Community

wrong module in twin2x1024-5400c4

Roboris

Hi,

Last week I bought twin2x1024-5400c4 and twin2x2048-5400c4 for my new system.

I found out with cpu-z that one of the twin2x1024-5400c4 modules is recognized as VS512MB800D2 instead of CM2X512-5400C4. The computer has been very unstable many times so far, I had to reinstall Windows 4 times to get something decently stable, and I often have to restore to a previous state because it easily becomes unstable. Also, nothing on corsair's website indicates that those two modules, VS512MB800D2 and CM2X512-5400C4, are even compatible.

Can someone confirm that these modules are not compatible and that since the wrong module was delivered in the 1 gb kit, I am entitled to having it replaced?

Thank you

• Corsair Employees
Make sure you have adjusted the memory voltage to 1.9 volts with these modules and the timings to 4-4-4-12 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS), and if you are using Vista, you will want to get this patch - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777. With 512MB modules running with 1GB modules, the system may or may not be stable, we could not recommend mixing and matching different modules. It looks like the part being detected as VS512MB800D2 may have been programmed with the wrong SPD. If you would like to get the 1GB kit replaced, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or “Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived