Corsair Community

ASUS P5N32-E SLI 4GB Ram

Ginns

Ram Guy,

I viewed a few posts on ASUS P5N - SLI. I just bought the P5N32-E SLI. I think it's the same thing, but I learned a long time ago from some of the best geeks in town that I have to be exact. So.....I just bought the MB above and want to use the fastes ram combination from Corsair. I really don't understand most of the talk. I'll buy what you tell me to buy, you are the expert.

What 4GB Ram should I buy for this MB. I'm not an overclocker, just want to play my games fast and as packaged.

Thanks and keep up the good work. This is one of the best forums I've visted for good answeres. many techey sites assume to much. You have to ask 15 different ways to get an answer. So thanks again. :):

• 3 months later...

Hi RAM Guy,

I saw that your recommendation to the following post was to use Twin2X2048-6400C5DHX memory for the Asus P5N32E-SLI. I am using that RAM (4GB) with an Intel Q6600 Quad processor and having no problems whatsoever at default BIOS settings for board, CPU, and RAM. (I did note, however, that this RAM is not listed on the QVL for this particular board.)

I want to overclock my system and have read the Twin2X2048-6400C4 version of this RAM with EPP will provide better OC capabilities due to the SLI certification. Will I see significant improvements if I switch to the C4 RAM, or can I get decent OC performance from my current RAM?

I want to get to at least 3.0 GHz on the CPU with air cooling, which seems fairly easy to do with the current hardware based on what I have read.

Thanks!

Ram Guy,

I viewed a few posts on ASUS P5N - SLI. I just bought the P5N32-E SLI. I think it's the same thing, but I learned a long time ago from some of the best geeks in town that I have to be exact. So.....I just bought the MB above and want to use the fastes ram combination from Corsair. I really don't understand most of the talk. I'll buy what you tell me to buy, you are the expert.

What 4GB Ram should I buy for this MB. I'm not an overclocker, just want to play my games fast and as packaged.

Thanks and keep up the good work. This is one of the best forums I've visted for good answeres. many techey sites assume to much. You have to ask 15 different ways to get an answer. So thanks again. :):

I have the plus version of that motherboard along with Twin2x4096-6400C5DHX. I had them set to 5-4-4-12 at DDR890 @ 1.9v and everything was stable. I wanted to tighten my timings to see how far theyd go. Only had time to mess around once and had them set to 5-4-4-9 at DDR800 @ 1.9v.

Archived