Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA_965P_DS3 with QUAD2X4096-6400C5DHX G

rossinio

I have checked this ram on the compatability test on site but it shows up as 2x2gb, where I have 4x1gb in the kit. Will it be compatible with the mobo?

I'm only asking as have had a couple of problems with 4 sticks in the past and don't want to buy a mobo that will cause problems.

thanks a lot guys,

r

I have checked this ram on the compatability test on site but it shows up as 2x2gb, where I have 4x1gb in the kit. Will it be compatible with the mobo?

I'm only asking as have had a couple of problems with 4 sticks in the past and don't want to buy a mobo that will cause problems.

thanks a lot guys,

r

Regarding the Gigabyte i965P-DS3 and 4 X 1GB modules.

1. You might well not be able to run 4 X 1GB on this board.
  2. You might be able to run them at 667Mhz
  3. You might be able to run them at full 800MHz.

I have installed 4 X 1GB on a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (F10 BIOS) with no issues and run it at 800Mhz. This shows that it can be done but I had to go through two boards to get this to work and nothing would get the first board to accept 4 X 1GB. Same model and BIOS. So, it's a bit of a crap shoot on these i965 mainboards, but likely you would be far better off with 2 X 2GB.

• Corsair Employees

Quadx kits are 4 modules Twin2x kits are 2 modules, you would need Twin2x4092-6400C5DHX for 2-2.0 Gig modules.

I have checked this ram on the computability test on site but it shows up as 2x2gb, where I have 4x1gb in the kit. Will it be compatible with the mobo?

Can you provide a link?

And with the MB you have you might be limited to DDR667 with 4 modules.

I couldn't find any link to my exact ram in any of the compatability lists, could only find the 2x2gb (http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=10345)

I'm a bit annoyed as I assumed this RAM would work fine with any motherboard. I haven't had problems with 4 sticks since my Winchester Athlon 64 mobo.

If this motherboard is not compatible could you recommend a decent core2duo mobo that is?

thanks for your reply,

r

Archived