Corsair Community

PC shuts down on its own - need help!!!

Josh22

I have built a PC over this last weekend, and ever since the first boot up, it is shutting itself down randomly - every time. I have a Kandalf LCS case, Striker extreme mobo, quad-core Intel Q6700, 2x 2gb of Corsair dominator DHX, 2x1 TB of Hitachi, Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W PSU and 1x Geforce 8800 ultra. The system being water cooled, CPU temperature never goes beyond 22 C. Mobo temp remains in 35-40 and Graphics card in 50-55 C. I have tried all sorts of combinations with the mobo, tried using only stick of the ram - on different slots, moved the ultra from one PCI-16x to another, but nothing works. Its like the PC just shuts down whenever it wants to. I am really frustrated over this, trying to boot it every 10-15 minutes..or sometimes while startup..and its not even like the pc will turn off while playing high end games or doing heavy video editing - just staying idle on the bios is also enough for this pc to go off. Have called Asus and they said the mobo is fine after they made me do some tests (posts and beeps without ram installed, etc.).

Also, when the PC turns off, the mobo still shows the power LED on, but there is none for the peripherals.

Please, someone help. Its driving me nuts not being able to use my custom PC.

• Corsair Employees
If both the modules are acting the same way when used individually there is likely some other problem than the memory. These modules do not require any adjustments to the BIOS, so just load setup defaults and test one at a time and see if the behavior is any different. Do you have access to another machine to test the modules on, or possible a different set of memory to test in your machine?

Archived