Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 and Dominator 8500C5D

crov

Hi all,

Can someone help me to get FSB:DRAM 1:1 working with this board? I have one E6420 C2D and it is working on FSB:266. And if i put memory on default settings from this board: i get timings something like this 5-7-7-24 (at default V =which i dont know what is).

If i put FSB:400 (that should work with this CPU) i got like 3.2GHZ, but i also get after boot BSOD, and pc isnt eble to boot to windows,instead it load defaults.

Thnx

Edit: I make one image from bios and settings there,mybe it will be easy to someone to help me in my problem(thnx to jzelectronic for their HTML page of bios that i edit to suit F7 bios).

BIOS Settings M.I.T

The settings in () are in use when all on AUTO is.

Memory: TWIN2x1024-8500C5D (XMS2-8500 1024MB 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 XMS8505v1.2 = per modul)

Btw: Wasnt eble to edit my Sysem Specs on this forum and change that i have 2x1024 instead 2x2048.

Thnx

Are you trying to set the CPU Frequency at 400 MHz with out lowering the Multiplier?

Yea i did. The problem is that if i put 5-5-5-18 and DDR2 OverVoltage Control to +0.4V. Even on Default FSB: 266 i cant get it working and Memtest or StressPrime 2004 Orthos fail.

Could you pls tell me what setting to put in memory details (SEE PICTURE IN FIRST POST) that i uploaded.

You need to separate your overclock between DRAM and CPU to find the frequencies of both components.

Have you set your DRAM to 1066Mhz @ 5-5-5-18 with the CPU at stock settings? If so, have you then tested the DRAM at those settings with memtest?

Only then can you move on to find your stable CPU. Not all 6420's can make 400 X 8 = 3.2Ghz so you then need to downclock your ram and test the CPU at 400 X 8 = 3.2. If you set your CPU unstable, then you can't very well test or check your RAM as it is being hampered by the unstable CPU.

You say that you set your CPU to 266 but you need to set your system to default settings. Then go into the BIOS and set your RAM to 1066 and the voltage to 2.1V. Then your 5-5-5-18 settings. Then test with memtest. ALL other settings of the CPU are to be default. Not set to 266 manually and no other settings manually except the DRAM as specified. Otherwise you are hampering the testing of the RAM.

Hi and thnx for replays,

Well when i run memory test it just stop on Pass: #4, then after a while i reboot the pc, and then come trouble, pc restart itself fev time,sometimes even 10time, then finaly it boot and i can enter bios. In bios is all set to Default. I Use Load Safe Defaults.

THen i set up memory to work at 1066MHz, for that i need to put 5-5-5-18 and at DDR2 OverVoltage Control +0.4V, and System Memory Multiplier (SPD) to 3.20. THen i get in bios 1066MHz for memory. But again memtest stop at Pass #4. Now i am trying only one memory modul to see if one defect is.

Pls if the setting above are not correct post the correct one. I dont know if SPD should be so big.

Thnx and i hope that i will solve my problem.

Archived