Corsair Community

8knxp and corsair memory

DrXenos

Hi. When I try to use "Sandra Pro 2004" my motherboard (8knxp Rev. 2.0--latest bios) starts to continually beep. From what I can find on the web, this means a memory problem. I have Corsair CM64SD512-2100 memory. All memory tests I run pass and my system seems pretty stable (just put the new motherboard in today, but played a lot of games, ran a lot of benchmarks and tests--no problems). Are there "better" timings I can set in my bios than using "auto"? What else can I do? What are the "offical timing settings for this memory"? I can find can info... Thanks, Rich

Ok, my memory wasn't the problem! Sandra is somehow upsetting my motherboard when it checks the temperatures and fan speeds. I unchecked this option for the mainboard icon, and it doesn't happen. Just glad its not a hardware problem!!

• Corsair Employees
The timings would be set to JEDEC defined values. And you can use AIDA32 and see what set in the SPD. I would suggest that you use the SPD setting with this module. But you are welcome to try anything you like.

hi ! iam new in forum...i have the same problem with sandra in my 8knxp mobo I did not make the changes yet..but i have the same problem with some games...when i play the game for a long time , the it starts to beep sometimes...and it stops when i save the game..after a while it starts again. can i get help ................Thanks

Any ideas why? GIGABYTE GA-8KNXP Ver 2 :confused: [quote name='RAM GUY']The timings would be set to JEDEC defined values. And you can use AIDA32 and see what set in the SPD. I would suggest that you use the SPD setting with this module. But you are welcome to try anything you like.[/QUOTE]

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest another MB make, if you cannot set the timings manually, as that has been reported with this MB, but you should be able to set the timings and memory Freq. manually with any MB.

Archived