Corsair Community

Sigh

Lecht

Case #: 226702

Okay this is my second rma because you guys' ram has died on me. It's been 2 weeks and 5 days since I shipped the ram back, I decided to buy a backup supply of the ram in case my other rma had died on me. Thankfully I did so. Now it's acting funky too, I would like to request a refund please, otherwise you guys will be getting an rma from me every 2 to 3 weeks when the ram dies.

I thought when I upgraded from the crap no-name brand ram to the higher priced "good stuff" I would be making a good investment...well it's come back to bite me in the butt. I work for a company from home and this is my only machine, it sucks when I have to tell them I can't work because my ram is dead. I've payed for this ram 3 times now maybe even 4 if you count the week I couldn't work when it died the first time, and shipping costs.

Sorry, I expected more from you, Corsair. I'm very frustrated and hope we can arrive at some agreement for expenses...a simple refund and you keep the ram would be just fine. I know it's not in the process of being shipped back to me yet because I called about it and got the response "Oh, we received it but the system didn't set up an order for it to be shipped back to you for some reason."

Thanks, -Wes.

Load setup defaults in the BIOS (make sure you have the latest revision) then set memory voltage to 2.4 volts and the timings to 3-4-3-9-2T (tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, CMD Rate) and test the sticks one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. Test them in the same slot on the motherboard, if you get errors with both sticks there is probably some other issue than the memory.

• Corsair Employees
Load setup defaults in the BIOS (make sure you have the latest revision) then set memory voltage to 2.4 volts and the timings to 3-4-3-9-2T (tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, CMD Rate) and test the sticks one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. Test them in the same slot on the motherboard, if you get errors with both sticks there is probably some other issue than the memory.

Were you able to try this yet?

• Corsair Employees
According to your case you are returning 2x CM2X1024-6400, this is drastically different from the TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF that you mentioned before. If you have the TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF please our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 ASAP so that you receive the correct part in return!

Archived