Corsair Community

VS512MB400 correct timings?

ConnCarl

RamGuy, I'm confused. I have seen posts giving the timing of these modules variously as 2.5-3-3-7, and 2.5-3-3-8. I have also seen voltage settings of 2.7 and 2.75 for this module. Tonight I read a reply you posted to a user, which read, in part; [I][B]"The Modules VS512MB400C3 [U]or with out C3[/U] will have their SPD set to Cass 2.5-4-4-8." [/B][/I] So, what are the correct settings? TIA, Carl

• Corsair Employees
Carl, It will vary with the platform you use, or in other words for example, if you install these modules in an AMD platform the timings by SPD may set them to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and the same modules in an Intel platform may run at Cass 2.5-3-3-8. But the SPD is set to Cass 2.5-3-3-8. But I would suggest that you use the SPD setting and leave your settings at Auto and see if they will perform correctly. If you have problems please let me know the make and model of MB you have and the CPU speed you have and it’s FSB and I will be happy to try and help you!

RAM Guy, I'm having problems as well with this memory. Could you tell me what is the correct setting for a FIC mini model IC-VL67 with a Celeron 2.6 FSB 400. I tried a few setting of my own and my OS (XP) wont install, it freezes. The manual saids it takes DDR400 but it only runs the memory at DDR266 due to the FSB at 400. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Corsair Employees
That would be correct: If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400 Please try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the memory Freq ratio so the memory is at DDR266. Then please run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] on the system and if you get errors please test the modules one at a time.

Archived