Corsair Community

P5K Premium Wifi with TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

Nexus327

HI M.RaMGuY :cool:

by the way thanks for this help ya doing with the great corsair products I have been buying for years now.

now here is my problem:

I bought my new Dominator Ram for Overclocker has mentionned on the web site. (TWIN2X2048-8500C5D)

on a ASUS P5K Premium Wifi Mobo, Water cooled Quad 6600 2.40ghz G0 CPU, BFG 8800GTS OverClock2 video card.

So I set the voltage to 2.1 has mentionned in the user guide, set the Latency » 5-5-5-15-2T

Issues:

my XP os boot up fine and everything is ok on my first raid0 (striping)

but.....

When I boot F8 and get on my second raid0 in Vista Ultimate, my OS freezes at boot and I have to reset and do it 2 or 3 time to get it to load.

Sometimes I was even loosing my bios info and had to re-enter them, just like if NVRAM was not updating at post.

(that occurs only if I put AI NOS Enable or AUTO.)

Now it is set to Manual and they work both, but no AI NOS available.

Is my Ram not at the good voltage or is there a setting I am missing here ?

Thanks for helping me on this matter

P.S if you have some more info I could get for overcloking it would be very appreciated.

no problem at all,

I have changed my ram voltage to 2.20 and everything is fine exept i am still not able to use A.I NOS at all

I am in Manual mode (the best mode) but i am still questionning why is that I cant use the A.I NOS ?

Thanks for replying on this matter

-DJ 5th

no my raids are ok

i got 2 raids going on , the first one has 2x250 go Seagates with XP pro

the second Raid has 2x250 go Seagates with Vista Ultimate and they are running fine

the problem is with the A.I NOS , i got the P5K with the Dominator running perfectly under manual settings, but when i try to use A.I NOS the ram freaks out

that is the prob if you re-read the first quote i made :)

that is the prob if you re-read the first quote i made :)

You made no quotes on this thread yet at all. The above is my first quote on this thread. :)

AI NOS is problematic at best and unusable at worst. I always advise people to stay away from the AI NOS and manually set the BIOS for an overclock.

If you run your settings manually and everything works well, then I don't see what the issue is unless you just want to run AI NOS.

If that is the case, then Google "AI NOS Problems" and read your fill of this setting.

Thanks alot for this guide

Last night I pushed this baby to 3284 mgz

did some test with OCCT & Everest and everything is smooth and no Crash since then

I am still not able to use A.I NOS but I wont anyways :)

what nice with this Cooling system i got is that my temp did not go up more then 28.9 Celcius :)

thanks again and have a nice day

-DJ

HI Ramguy

We have talked earlier on this Ram timing and was coming back to show ya the benchmarks I got from it, also to maybe get some more information about the ram because I am questioning on why its not possible to overclock it more then 1167mhz without any issues, and to change timings on it to get better results.

there are the results of the over clock of my Quad G0:

(somebody was saying in a post about 3600mhz, i have done 3501mhz stable on a 2.4ghz Quad G0

http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=3790

Also I set the memory to 2.2v like you told me but I have seen posts that where saying it should be at 2.1v , what is the best one for over clocking ?

the best timing i got was 5-5-5-15 at 2.2v and at 905mhz

is this normal ? shouldnt it be best at 1066mhz ?

is it possible to change the timings to 4-4-4-12 T2 or even get T1 ?

Thanks for replying to all my numerous question

-DJ 5th

• Corsair Employees

The more you over clock your CPU the more in sync the memory will have to be with the CPU be default the memory will be running at a higher frequency.

DDR1 Memory runs at:

DDR-266 = 133 MHz 2 X 133 = DDR-266 PC-2100

DDR-333 = 166 MHz 2 X 166 = DDR-333 PC-2700

DDR-400 = 200 MHz 2 X 200 = DDR-400 PC-3200

DDR2 Memory runs at:

DDR2-533 = 266 Clock Frequency 2 X 266 = DDR2 533

DDR2-667 = 333 Clock Frequency 2 X 333 = DDR2 667

DDR2-800 = 400 Clock Frequency 2 X 400 = DDR2 800

DDR2-1066 = 533Clock Frequency 2 X 533 = DDR2 1066

Intel CPU:

400 MHz = 100 MHz Clock Freq. 100 X 4 = 400 FSB

533 MHz = 133 MHz Clock Freq. 133 X 4 = 533 FSB