Corsair Community

Corsair 1066MHz PC2-8500 c5 Failure

disbett

I have 4 Corsair 1066MHz PC2-8500 c5 ram sticks running at 800 MHz stock timing and at 2.2V. My motherboard is an ABIT IP35-E with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6750 running at stock speed. I booted the computer and nothing happened, meaning no blue screen. My monitor wasn't picking up any signal from my computer. So what I did was tested my ram sticks. I took all 4 out and inserted 1 ram stick at a time in the first ram slot. Two out of the four sticks worked. My computer booted normally. The other two sticks did nothing, they didn't give me a boot screen. I can't even get to the BIOS when they were installed.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.2 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I've tried to do the memory test but it would not boot up with neither ram sticks. I would rather send the 2 known bad sticks to you and have you test it out furthermore. I don't understand why would two ram sticks work with all the settings in my previous post and the other two wouldn't. Please give me the ok so I can request an RMA. Thank you in advance/past for all the help.

Archived