Corsair Community

ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe and CM2X1024-6400 Compatibility

stevie_g

I am having problems installing Windows XP Home with:

1 x CM2X1024-6400

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3000Mhz)

Atrix 520W Case

When I try to install XP I get a BSOD error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Testing this setup with Memtest V3.3 with legacy USB disabled there were errors on test 5. I am also using the very latest BIOS update.

I have fully set up XP and installed drivers with no problems using exactly the same hardware but with a different stick of memory (a 512MB at 533Mhz).

I have tried manually changing the settings to 800MhZ 5-5-5-15 T2 as specified on the website and also 5-5-5-12 which is on the back of the memory. I have tried different DIMM slots on the motherboard. I have tried upping the voltage slightly but am unsure what voltage to actually use and how far I should be pushing it.

As this memory is listed in the compatible chips in the memory configurator for this motherboard, are these errors likely to be due to a fault in the memory or are there more settings in the BIOS which I may need to change.

Thanks

I have the same motherboard and Ram, and i have absolutly no problems with the combo(plug and go). I started with a differnt brand of Ram, and returned them to go with corsair, and have never experienced any difficulties. Im thinking its the Ram because it is common for ram to be DoA, but i would try differnt ram to make sure the Board is okay. Good luck and i hope you can figure this out.

-Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have another suitable machine which I could test the RAM in.

I now have the machine up and running but with two 512MB 533 single sided RAM sticks.

I have looked at another post regarding compatibility issues with this motherboard which was due to the memory controller in the CPU so it is now looking as if its either that or a fault in the memory stick. Do the memtest results provide any indication as where the problem may be?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived