Corsair Community

Asus P5N E-SLI & Corsair XMS2 PC800-6400C4

prototype

Hello everyone,

I am having some issues with the initial setup of my new system and was hoping to find some answers here.

I had my system built and upon my first try at setting it up (loading the OS & Drivers) the system kept freezing up at random points, at times making it difficult or impossible to even load the OS properly.

I sent the system back for repair thinking it was a faulty MOBO, since I had tried everything that I could think of to get it working.

While it was being repaired, I read up on possible causes, I read about BIOS and possible memory issues ect.

I have my system back now and I do not want a repeat of what happened last time.

Can someone please tell me all the things I should do before I load the OS, possible bios tweaks for my memory? flashing the bios using a USB drive?

I am quite frustrated and hate to ask for help but I really need someone to "walk me through" all the little things I need to before I load the OS so I dont mess up my system again.

Thank you guys for any help info that gets posted, my system specs are listed below

500 Watt -- NZXT PF-500 Power Supply

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6550

Asus P5N-E SLI nForce® 650i SLI

2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 PC6400

eVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 512MB

320 GB HD [serial-ATA-II, 3Gb,16M Cache

80GB HD Sata 1

3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

16x DVD-ROM

20x DVD-Burner

windows xp home 32 bit

20'' lcd wide screen

• Corsair Employees
First thing, get the Latest Beta BIOS for your MB and load setup defaults and then set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the tested settings manually Cas 4-4-4-12 at 2t Command rate for XM2S-6400C4DHX Cas 5-5-5-15 for XM2S-6400C5DHX. then Disable legacy USB and test the system with http://www.memtest.org

Archived