Corsair Community

QUAD2X4096-6400C5DHX RMA question

darkness

Hi RAMGUY,

I very recently bought new DDR2 RAM for my new computer, and it seems that one of the sticks in this QUAD2X4096-6400C5DHX set of 4 is bad. It consistently fails memtest86+ v1.70 at the same memoryadress, regardless of singlechannel mode, dualchannelmode or slot in the motherboard. The other three sticks seem to be fine. I am running factory settings on everything in my system. RAM is at factory voltage, and timings at factory settings too. (5-5-5-18-2T)

The reason Im taking this RMA to you guys directly is because the company I bought the product from is giving me a hard time, saying I have to return ALL 4 STICKS, and thus be without my computer, which I told them I need for my everyday work. At the moment Im running 2GB instead och 4GB needless to say. :)

So would there be any problems RMA:ing the defective stick to you guys directly? I live in Sweden btw.

Yours sincerely,

Mikael

• Corsair Employees
Normally we would suggest having the entire set replaced, however you may contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rma@corsairmemory.com, to find out what options might be available to you. If you would like to do an RMA, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

Archived