Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 with 2 kits of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D (4gb)

cgugg

hi guys!

i found some similar topics, but in fact i couldn't find what i was looking for. i got my new motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 with 2 kits of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D (4gb). i know of course that the RAMs are working out of the specific voltage of 1.8V, but with the recommended 2.2V (1,8V+0.4V overdrive) i still get errors with memtest86 (operating at 1066MHz, no overclocking so far). can i go even higher without risking to destroy my beloved RAMs? i hope it's not a too noobish question and you guys can help me. ;)

best regards, cgugg!

edit #1: i risked to increase the voltage by 0.55V, so it's 2.35V now - can i stay at that level or is it too "dangerous" ??

It is very doubtful that you will work with 4 X 1GB at 1066Mhz. Mainboards are at this time, optimized for populating 2 banks.

You very likely will have to drop to 800Mhz and possibly the timings will have to be raised as well to gain stability with all four banks filled.

You are past the warranty of that ram when you apply 2.35v. I do this myself but I also realize that this DRAM is now not warranted anymore and they do have the ability to test the voltage effects on the DRAM when RMA'd.

I also use active cooling on my 2.35v applied DRAM.

hmm, let me see, i bought an mobo which supports up to 8gb of ram with 1066mhz and _corsair_ ram for 1066mhz and this setup wont work properly? - i'm upset then :sigh!:

i'll consider an active cooling for the RAM then ...

but BIG thanks for your fast and friendly answer ;)

hmm, let me see, i bought an mobo which supports up to 8gb of ram with 1066mhz and _corsair_ ram for 1066mhz and this setup wont work properly? - i'm upset then :sigh!:

i'll consider an active cooling for the RAM then ...

but BIG thanks for your fast and friendly answer ;)

Your motherboard supports 1066 but it says nowhere that it supports 8GB of 1066MHz DRAM running at 1066. It is doubtful that it will even run 4GB at 1066. You're very welcome.

Archived