Corsair Community

Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5DG & nForce 680i SLI (122-ck-NF68-A1)

KrE8oR69

Funny story... i have the TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF .... i have the EXACT same problem... and an EXTREMELY similar system

i have tried the following

Memtest individual stick at 800 and 1066 PASSED (10 passes)

Memtest both sticks at 800 and 1066 PASSED (10 passes)

run games with both sticks in at 800 PASSED (many hours)

stress prime both sticks at 800 PASSED (4hrs)

stress prime both sticks at 1066 PASSED (4hrs)

run games at 1066 FAIL!!!!!!!!!( 30 seconds)

while the computer crashes both my network ports also fail after about 30 min of being on... they both are connected but no longer allow data transfer

for some reason when both sticks are in and running at 1066 the entire system becomes unstable

i have done numerous tests and combinations and have had the ram RMA'ed 3 times now the motherboard i used to have was an asus which had similar problems and it too was also RMA'ed 3 times

i have been trying to figure out why the corsair stick will not work STABILY at 1066..

• Corsair Employees

Yes he did according to what he posted!

i have tried the following

Memtest individual stick at 800 and 1066 PASSED (10 passes)

Memtest both sticks at 800 and 1066 PASSED (10 passes)

run games with both sticks in at 800 PASSED (many hours)

stress prime both sticks at 800 PASSED (4hrs)

stress prime both sticks at 1066 PASSED (4hrs)

If you are not getting errors in Memtest or Prime that would suggest its some other problem and what is the exact error you are getting? And have you checked the respective support forum for the game or games in question to see if there is a known issue or fix for this?

Yes he did according to what he posted

:o: My error. Yes, if you are passing both memtest and prime at 1066, then the issue would seem to be software related. Possibly a removal/reinstallation of your system and video drivers.

What are your BIOS settings for CPU and MEM please? Your settings for vMCH and vICH?

:o: My error. Yes, if you are passing both memtest and prime at 1066, then the issue would seem to be software related. Possibly a removal/reinstallation of your system and video drivers.

What are your BIOS settings for CPU and MEM please? Your settings for vMCH and vICH?

all at stock settings

ie stock speeds all auto voltages and sli ready disabled using jedec timings when at 800

when at 1066 i have tryed entering in in the timings manually and using cpu oc max for epp timings

vMCH and vICH???? dont know what that is

exact error..... difficult to explain... its really a combination of problems

Problem 1

when at 1066 after being in windows for about 30 min the network cards cease to stop throuputting data...ie there on but nothing is happening local and internet traffic and both ports (difference controllers)

Problem 2

When at 1066 playing games... the game no matter which one will crash after about 5 seconds of video... if the game has music ie frets of fire(guitar hero for pc) the game freezes and the music continues untill the end of the song... can recover from the crash as theres moments of mouse movements... allowing ctrl-alt-del then closure of the program... however after the program is close windows crashes

ohhh and i dont think its a software problem... if formatted used fresh drivers used vista and xp and different versions of xp.

well not the exact same problems wiht different mobos... but both unstable at 1066 and stable at 800

and yes tried different cpu

a E6600 was in there before the E6850

so have tried 1333fsb and 1066fsb

You have quite a load on that system. This could be power related from what you are describing. Just to test this, can you temporarily remove the X-fi sound card and also the secondary RAID array to minimize the power load on the system. At one time, the X-fi cards were causing havok so you may want to Google that some.

And, was it the same video card each time you tried different MOBOs? Just for testing purposes, I would suggest you remove the OC from the video card and test it at stock.

yes the original mobo had a radeon x1950xt but was haveing to many problem so i bought the 8800gts and the oc is already a stcok setting....

650watt should be enuff for all that tho shouldn't it>??? and would just throwing in a bigger psu be allright?

HAHAHAHA just to add the humour that is MY COMPUTER... i have had ANOTHER set of corsair 8500C5D GO FAULTY.... 1 stick is now dead... will not post.... how funny is that... WHILE running at 800 ... my 5TH... thats right 5TH RMA ...

come on guys i expected better... not only are these sticks not able to run at 1066 but the DIE at 800..... so much for world leaders of ram.......

i therefore would like either a permanent solution found by corsair .. or a refund because this is freaking unbelievable.. 5 times i have had these 8500c5d sticks go faulty... im throwing in the towel... could someone from corsair pless contact me cause this is freaking stupid now... i pay 700 AUD dollars for good ram and i have NOTHING but problem... utterly ridiculus....

Archived