Corsair Community

RMA 1024713 - suitable replacement to coexist with the C3DF dominators?

byte8086

Hey Ram Guy!!

Back in February of 2007 I had asked a question regarding compatibility with my 6400C3’s. I purchased a pair of Dominator C3D’s based on your recommendation for a total of 4 gig’s and they have worked flawlessly until recently. One of the 6400 C3’s died and the pair was sent back for replacement. (All 4 sticks were run at 2.1v)

I contacted customer service yesterday asking about the status since recently I was reading through the forums and I have known for a while that the 6400C3’s are a discontinued product. Here is the confusing part. I was offered a loaner or a replacement but at higher latencies, but I am not interested in memory bandwidth but low latency only.. I am a Vegas, Photoshop user.

What product could achieve the low latency of the C3’s at 800mhz and be a suitable replacement to coexist with the C3DF dominators?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but that Part is hard to make and there really is not another part that will run tight settings, however with 4 modules I would suggest 4-4-4-12 at 2.1 Volts. The best or closes chance to that spec would be with Twin2x2048-8500C5.

Okay, I hear ya.

Strange thing is I can purchase the C3D’s new at a online dealer but now since I purchased them already and they are defective in under a year now I need to step down to a cheaper memory? That is harsh.. :mad:

You mean the C5DF right? The standard C5 series is an inexpensive one.

This is a follow up to my RMA experience.

Excellent communicators and these guys bust their humps to satisfy a customer.

However, I do have a question about my replacement. What is a “G” on the 6400C3 series?

TWIN2X2048-6400C3 G – Replacement

Thank you

Archived