Corsair Community

Details on Corsair VS1GB800D2 modules

yehuda

Hi,

I have recently purchased a pair of Corsair Value Select 800Mhz memory modules for use in a Socket AM2 build.

Each of them had a sticker on it titled "Value Select" with the part number VS1GB800D2.

For some reason I couldn't locate this part on Corsair's webpage, so I thought I'd ask here:

1. What's the standard voltage for these modules?

2. Are they certified for operation in dual channel mode? The ones I bought did not come in a prepackaged kit, but their serial numbers were consecutive so I felt confident about installing them in dual channel mode. But what if the serials were random?

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but this part is not a publicly sold part, you would need to contact the reseller/system builder for more specifics. However, all of our value Select parts will run at the default voltage and timings for the respective speed grade.

IE there is no published spec for this part and as I said its not sold as a single module only with a system.

• 1 month later...
You said that "this part is not a publicly sold part", but can you confirm that there is a VS1GB800D2 module manufacturered by Corsair at all? could it be a fake? online shops sell this one all over the net so if it is a fake better warn people from buying it in the first place.

You said that "this part is not a publicly sold part", but can you confirm that there is a VS1GB800D2 module manufacturered by Corsair at all? could it be a fake? online shops sell this one all over the net so if it is a fake better warn people from buying it in the first place.

• Corsair Employees
We do make that part but it is not supposed to be sold by it self, only with a system. And for sure you should be concerned about counterfeit parts. We do try to pursue them but its after the fact. You cant sue some one for thinking bad things. Unfortunately we have to convict them first in the USA and then we can hang um. LOL!

• Corsair Employees
We do make that part but it is not supposed to be sold by it self, only with a system. And for sure you should be concerned about counterfeit parts. We do try to pursue them but its after the fact. You cant sue some one for thinking bad things. Unfortunately we have to convict them first in the USA and then we can hang um. LOL!

• 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employees
The Part VS1GB800D2 has since been released for sale to the general public so its no problem, however the reseller looks to be something like an EBay type of on selling source and if so we would not honor the warranty when purchased from another end user.

Archived