Corsair Community

Corsair memory not compatible with my Toshiba Satellite M100. Help pelase

bennym

I already have one memory module of 512MB DDR2 PC5300 running at 667MHZ (I checked with CPUZ and the brand is Samsung). I correctly installed another the same memory spec from Corsair (VS512SDS667D2) and my laptop won't even boot. I tried updating the BIOS and still doesn't work. I looked up on the Corsair website and didn't find any information about the ram i purchased at all, so is it outdated ram or something? Thanks

• Corsair Employees
The module you have from us is the correct module for that system, I would try and update the BIOS if there is a newer version and then try the system with just our module installed and see if it will post. And you might have to run it on with no memory installed to clear the BIOS.

The module you have from us is the correct module for that system, I would try and update the BIOS if there is a newer version and then try the system with just our module installed and see if it will post. And you might have to run it on with no memory installed to clear the BIOS.

1) I updated the BIOS, but i did that while the operating system is on, not from diskette.

2) there is only one open slot for another memory upgrade, so i have no idea on how to locate the first slot is.

3) what did you mean by running with no memory and to clear the BIOS?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

2) there is only one open slot for another memory upgrade, so i have no idea on how to locate the first slot is.

A: There should be another slot on the NB usually under the Key Board, you might check with the NB makers tech support to be sure.

3) what did you mean by running with no memory and to clear the BIOS?

A: When you find the other slot just remove it and then turn it on with no memory installed and then turn it off and just install our module and see if it will post. However, I have no problem replacing the module if you like, Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Hi ramguy,

So I opened up my keyboard and were able to pull out the memory module underneath it. I replaced it with Corsair memory module and my laptop still won't boot. Now I am certain that it's the problem with the memory and my question is can i return for a replacement that is actually a higher grade than what I have? e.g., mine is corsair value select and I want a better quality. Is there anyway I can do that?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
No I am sorry we only offer Value Select for Note Books, I would suggest asking the reseller if they will let you return it for credit and get something else if that is what you want to try. We can only replace it for the same part# that you send to us.

Archived