Corsair Community

M2N32-SLI Deluxe _ CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX

bzed

After having too many problems with 2G of 6400C4 with the Asus M2N32-SLI deluxe board I have given up on 6400C4 and decided to try 2G 6400C4DHX, just curious if there are any known issues with 6400C4DHX and the M2N32-SLI Deluxe. Also, I see that I'd have to run 4 gigs at 667Mhz, but is 4 gigs possible with this ram, and my mobo?

To clarify, I've returned my 2Gigs 6400C4 to corsair twice, I am on my 2nd M2N32-SLI Deluxe from Asus, and I still am unable to run both gigs of 6400C4 without BSOD. I've tried with the Auto memory setting, and the manual settings with 2.1v, no difference. I am not running an SLI setup, so SLI memory is disabled. Memtest does find errors with both sticks in, and none when run individually. Vista 64 will run without BSOD on 1 gig of 6400C4, but is prone to locking up and freezing if I have too much going at once, like playing music with Itunes. Assuming my memory problems were attributable to a bad mobo, I had my 6400C4 tested on another mobo, and memtest ran without errors with both sticks running at 800Mhz.

If the 6400C4DHX won't work either, AMD has agreed to exchange processors, but I think 6400C4 is incompatible with M2N32-SLI deluxe. Thoughts?

• Corsair Employees
Legend is right, however you should be aware that the 6400C4 and the 6400C4DHX are identical except for the heat spreaders. With four modules on an AMD system you will be limited to DDR2-667mhz, this is a limitation on the memory controller, which is embedded in the CPU. Also with 4 GB on any Vista system you will want to be sure that you have the following patch from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777

Archived