Corsair Community

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe won't POST dual channel for CM2X1024-6400C4 1GBx2

vtecdoma

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 4-4-4-12 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Make sure when running memtest you have “Legacy USB Support” disabled in the BIOS.

An unrecognized beep code would usually indicate a problem with the CPU. I would recommend testing the modules in a known working system, as there may be an issue with your CPU, or more specifically the memory controller embedded in your CPU.

An unrecognized beep code would usually indicate a problem with the CPU. I would recommend testing the modules in a known working system, as there may be an issue with your CPU, or more specifically the memory controller embedded in your CPU.

Your saying this might be a CPU problem? what about my motherboard?

update: I tried all of the things you've suggested. My ram tested fine with memtest. I am still getting a "1 long beep + 3 short beeps" during boot up if i try to install my ram was dual channel. single channel is fine and my computer works great. what gives? =/

• Corsair Employees
Dual Channel is a the way that the memory is used, not an actual memory function. If you are having problems running the memory in dual channel, there may be a faulty, CPU, Motherboard, or you may not have sufficient power for the system.

• Corsair Employees
Just test them one at a time and see if there is a problem with the modules when running them one up. If not then it is not the memory if you have a failing module one will display the same type of problems and one will work with out problems. Or you might still see the same problems with them both one at a time and in that cause I would suggest testing the CPU in another MB to see if it follows the CPU.

Archived