Corsair Community

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe compatibility with Corsair DDR2-XMS2-6400C4 2GB kit

BobAbAL

When recently building a new system with an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard, I made the mistake of buying some G.Skill memory which ended up causing multiple problems in my system, including boot failures, deleted startup files, and system registry wipeouts. After discovering my error, I have recently purchased a set of Corsair 6400C4 DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 sticks and have a concern about the Bios settings: After installing the new memory, the board set up the timing on auto at 5-5-5-18 although the memory is to run at 4-4-4-12. It was my understanding that a motherboard should recognize the memory and post the right settings if it is compatible. The Corsair memory is supposed to be compatible with the Asus board according to the Asus website as well as the Corsair memory configurator utility on the Corsair website. Are there some necessary bios tweaks that I need to make for this memory, despite being compatible? I am a bit concerned because the previous G.Skill memory was 4-4-4-12 and posted at 5-5-5-15. Everything seemed to run OK initially with the G.Skill and then started doing weird things to my hard drive and start up files; even deleting system restore points. Just wondering if I have this to look forward to with the Corsair sticks and if there is anything to do to avoid similar problems.

• Corsair Employees
You will need to configure the tested settings manually, the auto settings will read the SPD from the module and will set it to 5-5-5-18 at 1.8v. You will want to manually enter 4-4-4-12-2T (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-CMD Rate) and be sure to adjust the memory voltage to 2.1 volts.

Archived