Corsair Community

Faulty Ram - XMS2 Dominator 8500

Biggles10

Hoping for some help or answers,

I am running 64 Bit Vista and having been having some strnge problems with my os.

System setup = Asus Blitz Formula, Q6600 CPU, 2 X 2 Gig PC8500 C5D = 4gig total, NVidia G8800 GTX, 1000 Watt power supply, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer. 4gig PC 8500 Dominator memory

All settings are currently stock while i try to sort this problem including memory settings.

All my problems and errors keep bringing me back to memory related.

I have tried the built in vista memory check on all four sticks of ram and only one of these will pass the test the other 3 fail before the test reaches 10%.

Am i correct in saying memtest86 will not run on a stand alone 64bit system, it would be nice to try and confirm the results of the built in vista mem test to confirm my findings.

I should also add that intrying to solve this problem I have replaced my old abit board and am using two brand new raptor 74 gig drives that were intended for another pc.

I have removed all components apart from the graphics card to eliminate any hardware conflicts.

• Corsair Employees

These modules are tested to run at 2.2 volts, please adjust the memory voltage in your BIOS, the modules may not be stable at the default settings. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS and load setup defaults before adjusting the memory.

Edit: 2 more things, make sure you have this patch for Vista - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777

And yes you can run memtest on your 64 bit system, you will boot to the memtest disc, so the OS is irrelevant.

i have tried my ram at 5-5-5-15 2.2volts at 1066mhz and at bioas defaults both time the same three sticks error.

also i am on the latest asus bios for this board.

I have the update mentioned in your post have done a fresh install this week and updated every driver,patch and vista update going before posting here.

Archived