Corsair Community

Is my replacement wrong???

quannash

My RMA# is 1022796 and my replacement on shipping but in the RMA status check I saw replacement part is different from parts received to corsair for RMA I'm copy pasteing the details written in the status... can someone check whats wrong with it? I have send TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF but the replacement is TWIN2X2048-8500C5D G (model number is entered like this no writing fault by me)

Thank you for choosing Corsair products! The following is the status of your RMA Number 1022796.

RMA Issued On: 8/21/2007

Defective Parts Received on: 8/28/2007

Part Number Received: TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF

Quantity Received: 1

RMA Replacement Parts Ship Date: 9/4/2007

Replacement Part Number: TWIN2X2048-8500C5D G

Replacement Part Quantity: 1

Replacement Shipping Method: UPS Express Saver

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and make sure you are getting the correct part for replacement.

I've post a massege here yesterday about my problem but I couldn't have any answer...

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=62878

I've mailed to customer service and no answer tooo... this is a very good way of RMA service...wrong replacement and no explaination about this....

approximately one hour ago my replacement products received, but when I've checked the paper I saw that This was the same WRONG module written in my RMA check status, so I didn't accept the delivery...

I want to know WHY my replacement product sent wrong....

now I've talked to RMA service, they told me that because of no equivelent they have sent me temprorary the other modules...I said that I don't want them and will wait until my original replacement product comes...

I hope they will send my TWIN2X2048C3DF in two or three weeks....

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about that but I am afraid there is not much that can be done. Micron stopped all production of that IC and it may be EOL. But I do understand your frustration and I would encourage you to contact our customer service.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=62878

this was the first event and here is the second....

Your RMA service offered me FULL REFUND on Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:43:11 -0700 about my TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF and I accepted this offer....you r RMA sercice didn't say anything what you were doing and while I was waiting for your mail about the refund, I've recieved an package from you on saturday....I looked at the papers that sent with it and was written that the models were TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF, so I accepted them...but when I openned the package I saw that the modules were 2X CM2X1024-6400C3D insted of my TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF!!!! so RMA service wrote WRONG model or LIED to me about the modules (because if it was writen corretc I wouldn't accept it)...RMA service should have told me that you couldn't have found a kit so you wiil send me 2 different modules ( if I accept!!!!) but have said me NOTHING!!!!beside these, the rams have been sent DON'T opnen my system!!!!! my system crashes down when it tries to show the ram timings and I can't do anything (I can't enter to BIOS either...I know that there is no problem about my system because I was using them with another pairs of ram modules...)I want to send back these modules an I want my FULL REFUND instead of another modules...I'm tired of wasting time and money because of your mistakes!!!! ;I just want my money back via western union..

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about the problems you are having, and I am sure it was just a mistake, I have sent them a message and asked them to contact you ASAP, or I would suggest you might call them at 510-657-8747 or 888-222-4346 Ext "0" and ask for a supervisor.

I gurantee you there is no mistake....if there was one they should have contacted me about the FULL REFUND but they are in silence since then....and they know the situation very well becuse I sent the same thing via e-mail to your RMA service and they are still in silence ( they know what they have done so they can't say any anything about this...) I just want my full refund and give back this useless rams...(still I can't open my system....) 3 days later one month will be passed when you had my corrupted modules...NOT RMA assined; it was 34 days ago!!!

• 3 months later...

Archived