Corsair Community

Received dead psu

cobaz

I ordered an HX620W psu, and just received it. Went to plug it in and hooked up everything, but upon trying to start the computer it, nothing happens, the PSU just clicks. Is it dead? I've tested the machine with a different psu, and it works.

Tested it in my other computer, doesn't start up either, but no clicking. The computer I was hoping to place it in is an Athlon XP 2100+ with an Asus A7V8X-X mobo. The other computer I tested in is a P4 with an Asus P4C800-E mobo. The PSU should work in either system, right? Was planning on building a new system anyway soon, and was hoping the Athlon system would last till then.

This is an older system. Athlon XP 2100+ with an Asus A7V8X-X mobo in that one. The old PSU died, and is currently working on another PSU temporarily. The Corsair PSU shouldn't have any problems working with this system, right? I looked around previous posts saying that it worked with older model mobos.

I also tested the Corsair PSU in another system I have. Same problem there, where the light on the mobo and NIC lit up, but wouldn't power on the system. In this system though, I didn't get the repeated fast clicking from the PSU.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the ATX spec of your other PSU, and if you can look in your motherboard manual to see if the board is ATX 2.01 compliant. Some older Athlon XP boards may only be ATX 1.3, and may not be compatible with our PSUs.

The PSU I'm using in there now is an Antec TruePower Trio 430W. It's ATX v2.2, and working fine right now. Tried looking in the manual, and couldn't find anything in regards to ATX version of the mobo.

Also, the Corsair shouldn't have any problems running in a P4 system, right? It didn't want to work when I tested it in another rig.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

Archived