Corsair Community

Most Stable Configuration on ASUS P4C800E

dbland3

I have a question for RAM Guy or any other knowledgeable Super Tech :-) What combination of memory (256MB or 512MB) sticks would be THE ABSOLUTELY MOST STABLE to use for an ASUS P4C800-E DLX Motherboard configured with 1GB of fast, high performance DDR400 RAM, operating in dual-channel mode? Please let me know whether it wold be 4 x 256MB or 2 x 512MB and which particular model number. I'm trying to put together the Ultimate Intel PC Gaming machine in terms of both performance AND stability (with the emphasis on stability). Thanks a lot! Sincerely, David Bland

WOW! Picking up the telephone wouldn't be much faster than that! :biggrin: Thanks! Just one other question. Is there any reason to use 4 x 256MB DIMMS over 2 x 512MB DIMMS as I have often been told by friends? Thanks again. You guys are great! David

• Corsair Employees
All of the 256 Meg modules are single sided and would not offer any performance gain. However, if you can find a double sided 256 Meg modules, and with bank interleave in this chipset, it will increase the performance about 1-3%, but four modules will not over clock as well as two because of chipset loading.

Archived