Corsair Community

RMA being in Argentina: a nightmare!

bettyalt

Well, i'll tell you a bad and long story, but i need some help. All started when i bougth 2 pair of memories Corsair Dominator Series TWIN2X2048-8500C5D 2 GB Kit DDR2-1066 PC2-8500 in October 2006, through ZipZoomFly. At the moment, i went in USA but i live in Argentina. I paid a lot for the 2 kits, so i supposed i`ll be fine with them. Since the beggining i had a problem with the first pair, but i supposed it was something else in the cpu (after all, even with problems, the computer worked). By February 2007 i realized after trying everything that the only explanation was the memories (the other kit was still with no use) and sent them to RMA. No problems until the memories came back to Argentina, the custom law here is weird and complicated, so i had to call Corsair and Corsair called UPS and after two months, money expended and others issues i could get the memories changed with me. Meanwile i was using the second pair (the new one) and after a month or so, i realized they have the same problem, so i sent them to RMA in June 2007 explaining to Customer Service the previous problem i had with argentina customs and begging not sending them by UPS but by regular postal service. i was telling the Corsair policie is sending RMA just by UPS. Well, i have the second pair trapped in customs again and, to make it worse the first pair did fail again so i sent them back to RMA some days ago... So, by now, i have one pair of memories in the way to RMA and the other pair trapped in argentina customs and two computers stopped after i paid almost 800 dollars to get non worry memories. I'm really desperated, people in Customer Service are helpful and frienly but they can´t do more than RMA department approve... I don`t want to figth with argentina customs never again in my whole life, say me how i can get my money back and forget the whole issue, we`re telling more than TEN months with all this story!

Well, i did talk with Customer Service, and they assured me that they will send the two pairs of memories through regular postal service and deal with UPS about the pair was trapped here... that was two days ago, and surprise! an hour ago a person from UPS Argentina called me to say i have a pair of memories in customs and need the real value to process it, because Corsair sent it with a nominal value of 1 dollar (of course, is a RMA!!! but the argentina custom law doesn´t recognize it). So, AGAIN, Corsair didn´t listen to my request and sent the memories through UPS KNOWING i can´t get them. Now, the two pairs are out of my reach, I don´t go to pay for something it isn´t my fault, I DON´T WANT THE MEMORIES ANYMORE, i just want my money back, i´m really tired of all this issue. I´ve spent a lot of money in mail, international calls, time and patience and really now it´s enough. This is my phone number in Argentina, 00542234712890, I want to talk with someone who can solve this, i prefer in spanish, but if no, i can talk in english. I have an address in USA where you can send my check FOR THE ORIGINAL VALUE (774 dollars through ZipZoomFly on October 2006) and i´m being polite because i´ve spend at least a hundred more in all this issue.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Corsair Employees
I have spoken with our RMA department and they have said they have spoken with you. If you are still having issues with the RMA, please contact us directly at 888-222-4346 and dial "0"or (510) 657-8747 and ask for the RMA supervisor.

Archived