Corsair Community

Game random hitching (stuttering)

Keencoder

note: system spec available in Keencoder's PC specs

I have been having this issue for a while, and it's completly random when it starts. It happens while playing World of warcraft, spend time on it more than other games.

I have logged my systems voltages, Memory, tempretures to trace the cause for this issue. Nothing abnormal in the logs was shown. Rebooted after setting everything back to normal, No more OCing the CPU ..etc

The problem persisted nothing changed.

Recently, Some1 brought to my attention that I am running my Corsair Dominator (2 X 1GB) PC2-8500 (4-4-4-12 1T@ 670Mhz(335) v1.89) on lacking voltage.

Even when setting my bios to auto, Striker's Bious sets the voltage at v1.89 with the rest of the setting auto set to 5-5-5-15 2T 800mhz (400). In which case the stuttering didnt go away when I booted in.

Thing is I have ran my systen with Prime95 for 9hours with no problems or errors while my corsairs where set (4-4-4-12 1T@ 670Mhz(335) v1.89)

so I stayed with what I have avoiding overvolting or adding more heat to the RAMs since things seemed fine.

Can this situation be due to none suffecient Voltage "The random stuttering"?

What would be the recommended Voltage for 4-4-4-12 1T@ 670Mhz(335)

or higher?

I just dont want to end up harming my RAMs since I was reading about alot about n680i not liking high RAM voltages which end up in getting the ram fried.

Archived